Required documents for temporary residency (renewal and family dependent extensions) application based on “investment in real estate”
Part 1 – Information of applicant / family dependent(s)
- Identification document
- Chinese nationals: the original and two copies (for new application) / a copy (for renewal application) of Chinese Passport (pages showing personal information, remarks and signature of the holder must be included) and documentary proof issued by Mainland authorities granting permission to apply for residency in the Macao SAR (this document is required for new application only). For applicants living outside Mainland China, they may follow Item 2 of Paragraph 1 under Article 15 of Administrative Regulation No.5/2003 (Regulations of Entry, Stay and Residence Authorisation) – “For applicants born in China yet not living outside Mainland China, they should attach official document(s) issued by the country/region wherein they are currently living” – and submit relevant documents.
- HKSAR residents
- Original and two copies (for new application) / a copy (for renewal application) of the HKSAR Permanent Identity Card (both sides are to be copied on the same side of the page)and HKSAR Passport;
- Original and two copies (for new application) / a copy (for renewal application) of the HKSAR Document of Identity for Visa Purposes (DIVP); and HKSAR Identity Card (both sides are to be copied on the same side of the page);
- Nationals of other countries/regions: Original and two copies (for new application) / a copy (for renewal application) of the passport (pages showing personal information and signature of the holder must be included)
- Certificate of criminal record:
- (Original) Certificate of criminal record issued by the empowered authority(-ies) of the country of applicant’s nationality or of the issuing place of other identification documents within the last six months (this document is required for new application only, verification by embassy’s stamp is required for digital copy)(If this document is issued in China, it must be notarized at the notary office), and the (original) certificate of criminal record issued by the Macao Identification Bureau with three months validity. (Applicants who have already been granted permanent residency are not required to submit the abovementioned documents.)
- Proof of Macao address (document whereon states applicant’s name and proving the accuracy of the provided address, e.g. water/electricity bill; if it is a Macao domicile address, applicant should provide document(s) proving the right of use of the place, such as a property registration certificate or a lease contract).
- (Original and copy of) MSAR Permanent/ Non-Permanent Resident Identity Card (only required for renewal / family dependent extension application) (Applicants who have already been granted permanent residency are not required to submit the identification documents of their original countries/regions.)
- If the applicant is out of Macao often after being granted temporary residency, this applicant must submit written document explaining the reason, time and frequency of his/her leaves.
Spouse or common-law spouse
- Identification document (please refer to the requirements set out in 5.2.1 (1) above)
- Proof of marriage
- In the event the marriage is registered in Mainland China, the applicant should submit the original notarised certificate of marriage issued within the past six months (which states the names and dates of birth of the applicant and his/her spouse, the time and location of the marriage registration, and recent photo of the couple).
- Applicants having registered their marriage in other countries/regions should submit the proof of marriage (original and copy);
- If the marriage of the applicant and his/her spouse is not the first marriage of the couple, the applicant or his/spouse must submit divorce certificate of his/her previous marriage.
- The following documents are required in the event the applicant is in de facto marriage:
- (Original) Declaration proving that the applicant and his/her common-law spouse have voluntarily co-cohabited in a way similar to married couple for more than two years. This declaration must be signed by two witnesses aged 18 or above to verify the contents and the signatures must be notarised on-site by empowered authority.
- (Copy of) Identification documents (with holder’s signature) of the abovementioned two witnesses.
- (Original) Marriage record of applicant and his/her common-law spouse issued by the country of the applicant’s nationality.
- (Copy of) Other documentary proofs substantiating the de facto marriage of the applicant and his/her common-law spouse.
- State of matrimony declaration (available on IPIM’s website: https://www.ipim.gov.mo/en/services/investment-residency/forms-to-download/)
- Certificate of criminal record (please refer to the requirement relevant to certificate of criminal record in 5.2.1 (2) above)
- (Original and copy of) MSAR Non-Permanent Identity Card (applicable to renewal application only)
- If an applicant’s spouse or common law spouse is working in Macao, relevant proof must be submitted (e.g. employment verification statement). Also, the requirement of 5.2.1 (5) above is applicable.
Descendants aged below 18
- Identification document (please refer to the requirements set out in 5.2.1 (1) above. Hong Kong residents applicants who are unable to provide Hong Kong permanent ID are allowed to submit their HKSAR Re-entry Permit)
- Birth certificate
The following documents are not required for renewal applications, except for adoption and custody documents.
- People born in Mainland China:
- (Original and copy of) Notarised birth certificate (which states the name of the family dependent, his/her parents’ name, place and date of birth).
- Original and notarised copy of the applicant and his/her family dependents’ household registration.
- Original and notarised copy of birth certificate issued by hospital.
- Nationals of other countries/regions: (original and copy of) birth certificate
- If the legal relationship of the minor child and the applicant is established by means of adoption, the whole set of documents detailing the adoption covered by the relevant Adoption Law in the place of adoption should be submitted (including certificate of adoption issued by empowered authority(-ies) within 6 months, the certified original copy of the adoption registration and Certificate of Adoption, and document proving that the adoption remains unchanged up to present).
- If the parents of the minor child have been divorced or the minor child is a natural child, the applicant do not have to submit proof of marriage. But he/she must submit a divorce certificate and a court adjudication of divorce, as well as the certificate of custody order for the minor child issued by relevant authorities within 6 months(original and copy).
- Certificate of criminal record (family dependent aged 16 or above must submit certificate of criminal record, please refer to the requirements set out in 5.2.1 (2) above)
- (Original and copy of) MSAR Non-Permanent Identity Card (required for renewal applications only)
- If an applicant’s descendent(s) is/are studying in Macao, relevant proof must be submitted (e.g. student card). Also, the requirement of 5.2.1 (5) above is applicable.
* All applications require a recent colour photograph with plain white background of the interested party
Part 2 – Grounds for application (new, renewal and family extension application)
- (Original) Property registration certificate issued within three months;
- (Original) Certificate of deposit issued within one month by a financial institution in Macao SAR proving the applicant’s continuous possession of a fixed deposit amounting to no less than MOP 500,000 with no encumbrance at all. The certificate must clearly state that the deposit has never been withdrawn since the account was set up (people filing applications according to Administrative Regulation no.3/2005 are required to submit this document).
Additional documents (if applicable):
- In the event pertinent sales agreement has not been signed (e.g. off-plan property), (original) proprietorship document(s) issued by the property developer(s) and (original) letter of guarantee issued by bank(s) with validity of no less than six months are required; in the event sales agreement(s) has/have been signed but not submitted to IPIM, a certified copy of the sales agreement(s) should be submitted;
- (Original) Business registration certificate issued within the past three if the applicant is owner of Macao enterprise(s) or holder of no less than 51% share of a Macao enterprise;
- In the event any encumbrances (e.g. mortgage) are created on the real estate concerned, relevant repayment records (original copy) issued by the creditor (bank) are required (the records must clearly state the loan balance).