Mission & Objective
Macao Trade and Investment Promotion Institute (IPIM) is responsible for assisting the Chief Executive in researching and formulating economic policies regarding the promotion of external co-operation, introduction of investment, convention and exhibition industry and economic and trade co-operation between China and Portuguese-speaking countries, also in applying conducive measures to promote the implementation of these policies.
The duties of IPIM include:
- Promote Macao’s export diversification through the identification of trade opportunities and potential markets;
- Organise external activities to promote Macao’s exports;
- Provide incentives to exporters and assist to organise training activities in different areas of international trading;
- Provide consultation services and technical assistance to Macao’s exporters;
- Promote Macao to potential investors and publicise investment opportunities;
- Welcome and guide investors through adequate internal framework and mechanisms in order to explain and handle the questions regarding the implementation of their investments;
- Follow the progress of the administrative procedures required for implementation and development of investment; accordingly, maintain links with all government departments and entities, and through investors’ statement, represent them in dealing with the procedures;
- Issue opinions on the land granted for new industrial projects;
- Suggest activities of encouraging nature for the development of new investments, especially in the service industries;
- Collaborate with others public entities responsible for the implementation of economic policies to ensure an effective coordination;
- Organise reception and partnership, as well as establish information base and contact opportunities between local enterprises and potential investors from other economic zones, territories and countries;
- Cooperate with other public and private entities with or without branch in Macao, promoting liaison, agreements and partnership that benefit the activities they carry out;
- Promote the development of the Convention and Exhibition Industry;
- Promote the function of Macao SAR as an Economic and Trade Co-operation Service Platform between China and Portuguese Speaking Countries.
To promote external trade and attract investment, develop and strengthen economic and trade relations between Macao and the rest of the world.
With a series of effective quality services, IPIM aims to assist both local and overseas enterprises to achieve business goals in a competitive market, obtain information, understand the current market trends and grasp business opportunities.
- We strive to encourage business communities to take advantage of market opportunities.
- We shall provide prompt and quality services to all enquiries.
- Actively promote Macao’s business environment in order to enhance the economy as a whole.